The WMS Application Analyst’s primary responsibility is to support and manage warehouse management system (Manhattan) at its distribution centers located on the East and West Coasts. This position also supports and administers various other software applications used throughout the distribution center. Serving as a liaison between end users and development teams in a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will implement, test and support innovative development solutions within the Supply Chain system architecture and work with business partners to align technology solutions with business strategies for Supply Chain. In addition, this position will provide production support, participating in an on-call rotation, for time-sensitive software-related issues, driving solutions with 3rd-party and internal development resources.
Functional & Technical Analysis
– Serve as liaison between business stakeholders and technical team members to manage enhancement requests and bug fixes through the SDLC process.
– Gather and document scope and functional requirements from business stakeholders.
– Provide project coordination on small-to-medium sized initiatives.
– Translate business requirements into system solutions through documentation of current and proposed system designs, process flows, interfaces, data requirements, data migrations, user interfaces, etc.
– Provide thorough test plans, test cases, and execute testing for quality assurance checks.
– Provide and apply expertise in Supply Chain business processes to drive solutions.
– Participate in 24 x 7 on-call production support rotation
– Analyze production issues and recommend alternate solutions.
– Communicate status updates and next steps to key business partners and senior IT management
– Capable of deeper technical/system analysis that may require data mining, minor coding, and/or report creation based on business needs in support of Supply Chain issue management.
Scope and Impact:
Performs professional level work. Provides time-sensitive production support to enable a workforce of thousands to work efficiently and without disruption. Develops solutions requiring analysis and research.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Logistics, other related field (preferred), or equivalent work experience.
– 5+ years of experience in IT field
– 3+ years of relevant technical or business work experience
Skills and Abilities:
– Excellent analytical, technical, and problem solving skills
– Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
– Interact with both technical and non-technical audiences
– Expert ability to create flow diagrams, solution models, etc.
– Proficient in working with Microsoft tools: Word, Excel, Visio, Project, etc.
– Experience and ability to work in databases, SQL query writing, basic understanding of development languages (PL/SQL, Oracle, HTML, Java, etc.)
– Capable of working well in a team environment, as well as independently
– Ability to multi-task, managing time and priorities in a demanding environment
– Ability to take recommendations and direction from management and subject matter experts